The goal of marketing is to make selling superfluous. - Theodore Levitt
If only it were that easy. In reality, marketing and sales go hand-in-hand. Marketing efforts raise awareness and interest, while sales close the deal. To be successful, businesses need to employ sound marketing tactics that attract attention and drive conversions. Keep reading for 10 marketing tactics that will help you drive more sales.
1. Understand your audience. Developing a deep understanding of your target customer's needs wants, pain points, etc., is essential to developing resonating marketing messages. Take the time to create buyer personas for your business; they will be a valuable asset as you develop your marketing strategy moving forward.
2. Develop an omnichannel presence. In today's world, customers move freely between online and offline channels; businesses need to have a presence in both places in order to reach them where they are. Ensure your website is optimized for SEO and that your offline materials (e.g., business cards, flyers, etc.) include your website address so customers can easily find you online.
3. Invest in content marketing. Quality content is still one of the most effective marketing tools available; it helps you attract attention, establish thought leadership, and build trust with potential customers—all of which are essential for driving sales conversions. Not sure where to start? Contact our team today we would love to chat about your business.
4. Get involved in social media. Social media should be an integral part of your overall marketing strategy; it's a great way to connect with potential and current customers, build relationships, and stay top-of-mind when they're ready to buy.
5. Implement lead generation campaigns. Once you've attracted potential customers' attention and piqued their interest, it's time to start nurturing those leads down the funnel with targeted campaigns designed to convert them into paying customers. Email marketing, drip campaigns, and lead magnets are great ways to move leads through the funnel toward a purchase decision.
6. Use retargeting ads. Retargeting (or remarketing) ads are a powerful tool for driving conversions because they keep your business top-of-mind with leads who may not be ready to buy just yet but are likely to convert down the road. Following up with leads after they've visited your website or interacted with your brand online can keep your business at the forefront of their minds until they're ready to buy.
7. Host webinars or podcasts. Webinars and podcasts are excellent lead-generation tools because they allow you to showcase your expertise on a given topic while also collecting contact information from attendees/listeners who can be added to your email list and marketed to in the future. Additionally, webinars and podcasts can be repurposed as evergreen content (i . e., content that can be used indefinitely) by posting recordings on your website or social media channels.
8 Offer free trials or samples. Free trials or samples give potential customers a chance to try out your product or service before making a purchase, which helps increase conversion rates because people are more likely to buy something if they've already had a positive experience.
9 Provide discounts or coupons. Offering discounts or coupons is a great way to entice potential customers who may be sitting on the fence about buying from you. By offering a discount on their first purchase or a coupon for a future purchase, you can encourage hesitant buyers to take the plunge and convert into paying customers.
10 Collect customer reviews/testimonials. Customer reviews and testimonials serve as social proof that others have had positive experiences with your product or service—and if other people like it, chances are good that they will too! Collecting customer reviews should be an ongoing process; make it easy for satisfied customers to leave reviews by including links on receipts, thank-you notes, follow-up emails, etc ."
Marketing efforts that fail to consider both attraction and conversion are doomed from the start. By employing sound marketing tactics—such as those outlined above—you can set your business up for success by attracting attention and driving sales conversions simultaneously."